Stan Wawrinka returned to the world’s top 50 on Monday for the first time since last year’s French Open after his run to the final in Rotterdam.
The three-time Grand Slam champion is on the road back to his best after serious knee injuries and reached his first final last week since losing to Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros in 2017.
The 33-year-old Swiss was beaten in three sets by Gael Monfils, though, with the Frenchman climbing 10 spots to 23rd.
Wawrinka sits 41st in the rankings after a rise of 27 places.
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 10,955 pts
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 8,320
3. Alexander Zverev (GER) 6,475
4. Juan Martin del Potro (ARG) 5,060
5. Kevin Anderson (RSA) 4,595
6. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 4,190 (+1)
7. Roger Federer (SUI) 4,100 (-1)
8. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 3,800
9. John Isner (USA) 3,225
10. Marin Cilic (CRO) 3,140
41. Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 1,040 (+27)